- 1 big ‘ol parsnip (check out the fatty below)
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets (approx 1 medium sized head)
- 1/4 cup butternut squash (approx 4 large chunks)
- 1 tsp miso paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk (I’m a fan of rice milk or coconut milk)
- salt & pepper to taste
First peel the parsnip (I don’t go out of my way to get all the exterior off, just a loose skinning to get off the major ickies).
Then, chop and steam the crap out of the veggies (the mushier they are, the easier the blend).
Then add to blender (I use my magic bullet) along with the nondairy milk of choice (I use plain coconut milk), miso paste, nutritional yeast, salt & pepper.
Blend blend blend and voila!
Easy peasy creamy, buttery mashed potatoes (but without cream, butter, or potatoes – duh).